Spokesperson of Palestinian Presidency denounced the Israeli continued aggression against the West Bank city of Nablus. The Spokesperson said in a statement that the attack against Nablus is a violation of the trilateral summit (Abbas, Rice and Olmert) which asserted on truce in the West Bank as well as Gaza. He asserted that Israeli wide aggression against Nablus is an Israeli attempt to end the efforts of fixing truce, and to jeopardize the Mecca agreement.
The Spokesperson affirmed that such aggression is an atrocious attack by armed to teeth troops against Palestinian civilians. He called on the Israeli Government to end its aggression in different parts of the Palestinian territories and urged the international community to intervene for ending the Israeli attack.
On February 25, Dozens of Israeli armored vehicles have raided the West Bank city of Nablus and placed tens of thousands of Palestinians under curfew. Israeli troops arrested 30 Palestinians, triggering clashes that left several people wounded.
Palestinian sources reported that 18 Palestinians were injured in the operation. The Palestinian sources also said the IOF had set up blockades near the hospitals. The IOF said it wanted to make sure the wanted men did not flee to the hospitals. Security sources said the Israeli army distributed flyers early on Sunday, saying the raid was aimed at arresting nine wanted people." Witnesses reported 80 jeeps backing several bulldozers the Old City, Ras al-Ain and al-Jabal al-Shamali neighborhoods of Nablus.
Israeli troops placed about 50,000 people under curfew in the centre of Nablus and closed the main entrance to the city. The size of the operation indicates that the military operation will not end soon, the bulldozers pushed rubble into piles on main roads to make them impassable, witnesses said, while snipers took positions on rooftops in the Old City and the neighborhood close to Raefedia hospital. Jeeps blocked entries to two main hospitals in the city, al-Watani and Raefedia, said Ghassan Hamdan, a doctor there.
"We are suffering, Nablus is suffering, from this closure," Hafiz Shahine, the deputy mayor of the city told, "the shops are closed and streets and blocked in the Old City, no-one can get out of their homes." "Nablus has been under siege for six years," he said. Schools and a university in the city announced that they had cancelled studies due to the curfew, the Israel Forces began their broadest arrest operation which involved four IOF battalions and a large contingent of Border Police, the forces raided the city's old market.
The new attack followed another attack to Ramallah last month leaving four innocent palestinian dead and a lot of damage to citizins properiteis. The commander of the IDF forces in the West Bank, Brigadier General Yair Golan, is in charde of this aggrission.